Q. What do the projects need to be approved by the National Assembly?
1. Projects that have significant effects on the environment or potentially have an effect on the environment, including:
- Nuclear power plants;
- Projects that require repurposing of special-use forests, headwater protection forests or border protection forests of at least 50 hectares; of sand-fixing and windbreak coastal forests or protection forests for wave prevention of at least 500 hectares; or production forests of at least 1,000 hectares;
2. Investment projects that require repurposing of land meant for wet rice cultivation during with 02 or more crops of at least 500 hectares;
3. Investment projects that require relocation of 20,000 people or more in mountainous areas or 50,000 people or more in other areas;
4. Investment projects that require the application of a special mechanism or policy that needs to be decided by the National Assembly.
Q. What does indirect investment mean?4:17 PM|31/01/2021
Indirect foreign investment, on the other hand, is the investment made through the purchase of shares in Vietnamese companies, capital contribution, stocks, investments funds, or other similar financial vehicles. Indirect investment creates the foreigner’s presence in the management of a […]
Q. What does direct investment mean?4:16 PM|31/01/2021
Direct foreign investment indicates a 100% foreign-owned company or a joint venture company in which the foreign investor and a Vietnamese partner work together.
Q. What do the projects need to be approved by People’s Committees?9:48 AM|12/01/2021
Except for the investment projects approved by The National Assembly and The Prime Minister, People’s Committees shall grant approval for investment guidelines of the following investment projects. Investment projects that request the State to allocate or lease out land without auction […]