1. Projects that have significant effects on the environment or potentially have an effect on the environment, including:
- Nuclear power plants;
- Projects that require repurposing of special-use forests, headwater protection forests or border protection forests of at least 50 hectares; of sand-fixing and windbreak coastal forests or protection forests for wave prevention of at least 500 hectares; or production forests of at least 1,000 hectares;
2. Investment projects that require repurposing of land meant for wet rice cultivation during with 02 or more crops of at least 500 hectares;
3. Investment projects that require relocation of 20,000 people or more in mountainous areas or 50,000 people or more in other areas;
4. Investment projects that require the application of a special mechanism or policy that needs to be decided by the National Assembly.